Medicine Buddha Today
We practice Medicine Buddha in order to attain mental or physical health or balance, not merely for our own benefit, but for the benefit of others as well.— The Venerable Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche.
With heartfelt gratitude to The Venerable Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche for making this practice available to us, welcome to Medicine Buddha Today. Medicine Buddha (also known as Menla) is the inner heart of all healing—from mindfulness to medication and beyond—arising as a person, a force, and a practice that brings the ultimate health of this bright universe into our life. Even in the darkest times, we and our universe glow with the health that lights our world. Menla is the master key that unlocks this health for us to use as we need to in life.
First and always there is health.
Menla offers pathways to:
- Confidence in fundamental goodness
- Connection to the heart of mindfulness and other healing methods
- A workable approach to illness and problems
- Unconditional love and acceptance
- Lasting reconciliation and harmony
- Transforming obstacles into stepping-stones
- Inspiration in the spirit of one’s healing journey
- Ultimate healing for self and others
When we open to all we are, health lights the way.
Resources on this site:
- For a quick start, please see Get Help Now
- Go deep with The Heart of Healing audio program, available at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/jamessacamano
- For more on the Buddhist path please see The Heart Sutra, the Jewel Ornament of Liberation and Sitting Meditation.
- The Five Wisdoms highlight basic modes of daily life wisdom, inspiration and wakeful activity.
- For group study and practice, please see Menla Events
Menla helps your life work in the ways you need most.
Our first goal is to aid your healing via the power of Medicine Buddha. The second is to support Shree Mangal Dvip school and home for disadvantaged Buddhist children in Nepal. Caring for and educating poor children in the world is one of the most powerful, long-term ways we have to benefit our world. All profits are donated to that home. Please give what you can through Shree Mangal Dvip page in About menu. https://www.medicinebuddhatoday.com/shree-mangal-dvip-school/
Medicine Buddha supports rather than replaces ordinary health care. Please continue working with your health care provider.
For further teachings direct from the meditation master The Venerable Thrangu Rinpoche himself, you can receive very pithy, weekly quotations at: Karma Mahasiddha Ling <firstname.lastname@example.org>